Depot Assistant (Administrator)
MM681 – Depot Assistant (Administrator)
Location – Pocklington
Salary – Up to £25,000
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a highly professional Administrator to work with their Pocklington Depot team to ensure that they meet their high professional standards of distribution and safe operating procedures. The role will report directly to the Depot Supervisor and will support and assist them with the running of the depot, which includes the administration function of the office and to maintain best practise in all areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in line with company procedures to provide a great level of service for our customers.
- You will be required to work alongside the Depot Operations Co-ordinator to maintain the smooth operation of the depot on a daily basis.
- You will support the depot team with organising workload and communications to ensure everyone is working to the highest standard.
- You will also play an important role in promoting effective communication is taking place locally within your team and from the wider business.
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders across our internal and external businesses.
- Working to uphold the highest of internal and external standards of compliance including, but not limited to: BASIS, Water and Fire Regulations, Health and Safety Executive, Ministry of Transport inspections, and Working Time Regulations.
- On occasion, to support this small depot team, you may be required to work in the warehouse or attend our customer premises as cover.
- Ensure the security of company cash, stock and property.
- On occasion there may be a requirement to travel to different locations to attend training or meetings, or support other depots.
- Office/administration and customer service experience.
- Great communication skills.
- High attention to detail and organisation whilst working under pressure.
- Good IT skills.
- A professional ‘can-do’ approach.
- Knowledge of product storage solutions (preferable).
- A passion for Agriculture (preferable).
- A full driving licence.
- Training will be provided as necessary for the successful candidate.
- A salary of up to £25,000.
- 33 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays).
- Note: This role will be on an annualised hours contract (1,816 hours per annum) and, therefore, a flexible approach to your working pattern and hours will be essential to meet the seasonality of our business.