Customer Support Manager
MM658 Customer Support Manager
Location – Gateshead
Salary – Up to £45000 plus generous uncapped commission
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking 2 Customer Support Managers on behalf of one of our clients based in Gateshead. This role is a blend of operational delivery, small projects, account management and customer growth and would suit someone with a Technical background in Electronics or Communications.
Applicants with a military background are encouraged to apply, however all candidates will be considered.
Purpose of the role:
To be the Customer advice lead and point of contact for UK MoD contracts and transactional sales. Responsible for:
Specific responsibility growth and delivery for:
- Secure Management Radio Equipment (SMRE) contract
- Musanah radio support contract.
- J-Band Emmiter Threat Simulator (JETS) contract
- Other TSM duties and contracts as necessary.
- Obsolescence management of all legacy products.
- Core contract deliverables.
- Creating winning technical solutions.
- Management of transactional sales of legacy products
- Operational delivery.
- Pipeline management
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support and advice to customers
- Fulfilling contractual requirements for allocated contracts
- Growing allocated contracts
- Reporting on allocated contracts
- Hosting customers
- Visiting customers
- Supporting the Defence Director at external events as required
- Drafting and submitting bids for allocated contracts and transactional sales
- Acting as the Bid Manager for re-bids and extension of allocated contracts (or new contracts)
- Supporting other bids as required.
- A good candidate will be able to demonstrate experience / competency in the majority of the following:
- The UK Ministry of Defence, particularly Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) and Defence Digital.
- A proven track record in business development desirable
- Defence Primes and wider industry.
- Defence electronics engineering fundamentals.
- Obsolescence management. To include acting as the lead of projects to overcome obsolescence.
- Defence procurement processes.
- Account Management.
- Experience of receiving or developing enquiries, issuing sales quotes, agreeing deals and delivering the quoted services and products.
- Experience and knowledge of the purchase order and invoice system.
- Experience of recording various types of business data, conducting analysis and presenting it to management.
- Knowledge of the UK manufacturing and defence sectors.
- Experience of managing a medium-sized operations team, including: engineers, technicians, operations staff and other trades.
- Experience of working in an operational team, where the candidate was responsible for the technical development and delivery of electrical and electronic products to defence customers.
- These are to include communications systems, aircraft ground support equipment and fighting vehicle systems.
- Understanding of the principles of operations management.
- Knowledge of the Association for Project Management’s (APM) Body of Knowledge (v6+), or equivalent methodology.
- Batchelors Degree in a technical subject (or similar vocational qualification and experience).
- Technically fluent across a range of specialist areas.
- Be able to hold UK Security Vetting (UKSV) Security Clearance (SC), or higher.
- Hold & maintain a UK drivers license.
- Be passionate about continual professional development (CPD), in regards to personal learning.
- Be available to travel to other national or international locations, as and when required by the Company.
In Return our client offers
- Salary up to £45000 and uncapped commission with NO thresholds
- 25 Days holidays plus bank holidays
- Flexible working scheme