Customer Contracts and Development Manager
DC292 – Customer Contracts and Development Manager
Location – Hayes
Salary – £Competitive DOE + Benefits + Company Car
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an exceptional and experienced senior manager for their expanding Property Services business.
This is a role that reports directly to the MD and during his absence this person will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for increasing the turnover of the Company and maintaining profitability by bringing in new contracts for their services at sustainable financial rates. This will be achieved primarily by expansion of current clients where requests to quote come in daily and, to a lesser degree, by bringing in new clients.
The role of the Customer Contracts and Development Manager [a working/provisional title] primarily entails overseeing and working with our client’s existing 170 customers. The Company provides a wide range of services including cleaning, gardening, window cleaning, carpet cleaning, jet washing, graffiti removal, hard floor renovation, common area upkeep, and bulk waste removal.
- Increasing the turnover of the Company and maintaining profitability.
- Developing, in particular, the Window Cleaning side of the business.
- Meeting clients on site to discuss the issues they face with their current contractor (where applicable) and proposing suggestions for improvement prior to quoting.
- Dealing with incoming calls/requests and letters/requests from new clients who will be approaching us for the first time, taking site details, attending site meetings with a view to quoting for the work, measuring up and assessing work involved and time scales.
- Gathering site details to prepare a ‘Site Job Description’ for ongoing use by our operatives.
- Creating the Site Risk Assessment, details of which will go on the ‘Site Job Description’.
- Sending out quotes in written form and via email.
- Following up with telephone calls to gauge success and seek instructions.
- Dealing with incoming requests from existing clients in relation to other sites that may require pricing.
- To meet with the management team at least once per week to inform them of how sales are going and alert them to any potential new sites that may be coming on board.
- To liaise with the operations team as and when new sites come on board to ensure a seamless start to each new contract. This may involve proactively getting the contract up and running where necessary.
- To maintain the client list by calling them at least on a 6 monthly basis to ensure that they are happy with the work we are doing and to enquire about any possibility of any new work.
- To take on any one-off projects that the Company deems necessary.
- To always look at the various elements of the Company with a critical eye to see if improvements can be made and to come up with suggestions for improvement.
It should be noted that the above is not an exhaustive list and at various times you may well be called upon to act in numerous different roles within the Company dependent on the Companies needs at that time.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level, or excellent A levels results.
- Experience in either the private or social sector for Property Maintenance / Services.
- UK driving licence (essential).
- EXCELLENT verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer satisfaction approach to all that you do.
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve.
- Highly adapt at multi-tasking, as no two days will be the same.
- Professional and positive approach and outlook.
- Desire to be part of a team – but with the confidence to make the final call.
- A good sense of humour.
- EXCELLENT organisational skills.
- Common sense.
- A willingness to muck in.
In return our client offers:
- Competitive Salary.
- New company car provided.
- Profit share after 1 year with the Company.
- Annual salary review.
- Auto-enrolment to pension scheme.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- Flexible working hours.