Curriculum Manager (Offshore)
JS286 – Curriculum Manager -(Offshore)
Location – Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Salary – Circa £60,000 (Tax Free + Benefits)
Working closely with our client overseas, we are currently recruiting for a Curriculum Manager (Offshore).
The role is to manage the delivery of UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA), Transport General Authority (TGA), Colleges of Excellence, and Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organisation (OPITO) programme ranging from Minimum Industry Safety Training to OPITO Major Emergency Management Initial Response (MEMIR).
The training will be delivered in a purpose-built facility and utilising advance simulation and emulation techniques. The post holder will be required to lead a multi-disciplinary team to ensure effective training delivery with high levels of student success, continuity of UK MCA approval, academic awarding bodies approval, both in the UK and KSA, and development of the associated curriculum.
The Post holder will be expected to deliver over 800 hours of training and develop curriculum as required by the needs of the NMA.
- To assist the NMA Principal in implementing the associated policies and procedures within the NMA.
- To assist the NMA Principal in the implementation of the NMA’s commercial strategies in line with the NMA’s strategic priorities.
- To manage the development of curriculum team groupings to promote an industry focused tertiary educational model.
- To manage and inspire staff to be creative and innovative in all aspects of pedagogy and to embed Blended Learning across all curriculum areas.
- To assist the NMA Principal in the operational planning and delivery of the NMA’s curriculum provision targets.
- To assist the NMA Principal in ensuring all courses within the area of responsibility have the awarding body approvals.
- To assist the NMA Principal in the development of a QMS that meets the needs of the Industry, NMA and the awarding bodies.
- Ensure performance targets within the area of responsibility are met.
- To manage and provide direction to a team in order to provide a valuable student experience.
- To assist the NMA Principal in the development of a PMS for all teaching and learning equipment within the area of responsibility.
- To ensure teaching content and methods of delivery are in accordance with equal opportunities, are compliant with NMA’s standards and are fully accessible.
- To be a champion of change, communication, continuous improvement and empowerment, securing motivation, loyalty and the support of direct reports in particular and staff in general.
- To ensure regular team meetings with all direct reports.
- Ensure direct reports receive regular feedback on their performance.
- To be accountable for the delivery of teaching and learning and ensuring it is of the highest standard and responsive to the needs of the students, including, in particular:
- Establishing and maintaining high levels of professional conduct in the area of responsibility.
- Managing and being accountable for, improvements in the quality of teaching and learning delivered by the curriculum area.
- Ensuring that the targets for the improvement in quality of learning, teaching and attainment for the Curriculum area are achieved.
- Managing and being accountable for the sustained improvements in students’ achievement within the Curriculum area.
- Ensuring that the targets for students’ recruitment, retention and achievement are achieved.
- Managing the student disciplinary process and conduct within the Curriculum area.
- To ensure that coherent academic guidance systems are in place and implemented in line with NMA policy.
- To manage and ensure course approvals for each course from the awarding bodies.
- To lead and manage the Industrial Experience component of the training programme.
- To be responsible for the safe operations of the Offshore.
- To lead and manage the skills-based student ship building projects.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of student records as required by the regulatory bodies.
- To lead and further develop offshore related course provision.
- To be responsible for the development and management of PMS for the Offshore Skills Workshop Equipment.
- To be responsible for the project management of new bespoke offshore commercial courses.
- To assist as a College TRB advisor for all students fo