Contracts Operations Manager
MM641 – Operations Supervisor
Location – High Heavens, Buckinghamshire
Salary – Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client, a leading UK waste and resource management company, to recruit a Contracts Operations Manager to join the team in High Heavens, Buckinghamshire.
The purpose of this role is to manage the GFBW (Green, Food, Bulky and Wood) Transfer Station contract at High Heavens in Buckinghamshire, all in accordance with good practice, procedures and local Contract requirements. This includes managing service delivery to the council, maintaining compliance with key performance indicators and being the first point of contact for the client in all aspects of the service delivery; Ensuring corporate targets are met, especially in terms of SHEQ, profitability, cost tracking, recycling, best possible customer service and communication through the service delivery.
- Management control of site Health & Safety. Promote importance and install an overriding culture of H&S in all personnel as well as site users and contractors.
- Management of staff and human resource issues (Training, Development, and Disciplinary
- action). Maintain accurate and suitable records.
- To control and co-ordinate the safe and efficient operation of the site in accordance with management instructions and group policies, health and safety and legislative requirements, permit and planning conditions and contractual service delivery needs. Incudes maintenance of ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHAS 18001 / ISO45001 and ISO 50001 standards for the site management systems.
- To promote high profile helpful, courteous and professional customer service practice and develop new ideas, thereby providing an exemplary customer service and adherence to strict performance indicators.
- Carry out and provide a full detailed investigation report on any complaints received and meet all contractual targets for complaint management. Including feedback on actions and communications.
- Responsibility over facility P&L account including budget creation and management. Expectation of cost control and limitation of any financial penalties.
- Attend contract management meetings and liaise with the client on KPI issues, billing and data queries.
- Monitoring and delivery of contract requirements including preparation of reports, reviewing and updating contract documentation and maintaining compliance with contract KPI’s.
- Be the first point of contact for Council Officers and Associated Contractors as the representative of the main waste delivery point for the contract.
- Liaise with external bodies and local communities, including regular attendance of Community Liaison Group meetings, submission of planning conditions and reporting and management of EA communications.
- Cooperation with wider services for the authority when necessary such as supporting contract publications, attendance of authority events and assistance with site developments.
- Liaison with Council officers as well as waste collection contractors to maintain a quality and safe service to the site users.
- Ensure maintenance of site infrastructure is planned and executed to a high standard, meeting all legislative and contractual requirements.
- Undertake any other task, which in the role of employment can be reasonably expected.
- Managing and developing opportunities for internal disposals, maximising the margin to the company.
- Managing compliance across the business.
- Managing hauliers and other suppliers on bespoke contracts.
- Overseeing legislative issues and changes and keeping an overview on market developments.
The candidate will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role and with a proven track record in an Operations Management role.
- Hold the relevant CoTC(s) or be committed to achieving this first year.
- Experience of a professional and disciplined approach to management, working alongside operational teams ensuring performance expectations, service standards and people development are met.
- Demonstrable skills in ensuring customer and stakeholder’s needs are met, developing and maintaining productive relationships.
- Evidence of the ability to identify and implement change programmes that have a positive impact on operational and business requirements.
- Loading shovel / telehandler licence desirable.
In return, our client of