JM33: Contract Manager
Contract: Permanent – Full Time
To manage and develop staff effectively so as to ensure the provision of high-quality end-point assessment to all eligible Learners. To work with the head staff to ensure contract growth and sustainability. This would suit someone with a military background serving with the Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force (Including Reservists, ACF instructors).
Management: Manage contract administrative and Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) staff teams to ensure contract terms are met and maintained to the required standards and within budgetary requirements.
Communication: Ensure effective communications are maintained throughout the area of responsibility and with strategic management colleagues.
Administration: Ensure all administrative duties are carried in accordance with Company policy and procedures and in line with contracted terms.
Quality: To ensure all work is produced to the expected standards and to constantly strive for Continuous Quality Improvement.
Development: To be proactive in identifying relevant personal development for self and team.
Other Duties: As required and as appropriate to the role.
• To carry out daily duties to lead and manage a team of Internal Quality Assurers and Administrators, including monitoring and delivery of appraisal, training, feedback and mentoring.
• To ensure the team plan and manage their workload effectively and efficiently with due regard to cost effectiveness and teamwork.
• To establish and maintain good working relations with clients and stakeholders, ensuring the Contract is delivered in line with agreed terms.
• Act as the primary point of contact between Infantry and Royal Armoured Corps and our client.
• To manage budgetary spend of all direct reports, costing output and outcomes and taking action where required.
• To liaise with HR to carry out recruitment and training tasks for new staff as required.
• To maintain accurate records at all times, preparing reports as required by the Head of the Company.
• To attend management meetings to represent the Company and the contract/s
• To oversee the internal quality assurance processes in accordance with our clients and Ofqual processes and procedures.
• To assist in the preparation of and participate in External Verification visits, Internal Audit and Ofqual Audits and Inspections.
• Liaise directly with the Quality & Compliance Officer and Head of the Company on any quality and compliance issues that may arise.
• To ensure that quality of delivery is maintained at the highest level and that the teams are compliant with current Quality Assurance guidelines, in particular Ofqual General Conditions of Recognition.
• To perform all administrative checks as required by Company Policies and Procedures and maintain records.
• To produce regular, timely and accurate management reports to the Head of the Company in preparation for SMT/Board Meetings.
• Interpret management information and initiate appropriate action.
• To ensure that there are correct staffing levels through planning to meet varying workloads, and business plans to justify extra staffing (permanent and temporary).
• To keep up to date with national and local developments, which may impact on the team or any other aspect of the role.
• To monitor and evaluate personal performance within the context of the role.
• To participate in the company appraisal system and remain conversant with Company Policy and Procedure.
• To participate in training and development activities as required.
• To remain proficient in the use and application of IT.
• To comply with annual CPD requirements in relation to role.
In addition to the above duties the Contract Manager may also be required to:
• Carry out any other duties as directed within the general nature and character of the post.
• To be proactive in identifying and additional opportunities for development and growth within own role or elsewhere within the company.
• To represent the Company in a professional and compe