Contract Supervisor [Waste Management]
MM596 – Contract Supervisor [Waste Management]
Location – Luton
Salary – Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working with our client to recruit a Contract Supervisor to join their team in Luton. The Supervisor will manage the team consisting of 1 Team Leader, Plant Operator, Traffic Marshall and 14 Pickers to ensure the work on site is carried out in a safe manner in accordance with the company guidelines.
- To control and co-ordinate the safe and efficient operation of all sites within the Luton contract in accordance with management instructions, health and safety and legislative.
- To promote and enforce the need to maximize recycling levels across all sites.
- Fulfill all legal and contractual requirements as the Technically Competent Person for all of the sites.
- To manage staff and day-to-day operations, including:-
- Staff Rota’s and the provision of cover for planned/unplanned absence.
- Induction of new employees/temporary labour and/or visitors to site;
- Identification of employee training requirements;
- To control and co-ordinate all transport requirements at each site to ensure recycling and waste containers are always available and operational.
- To ensure that all plant and equipment at the sites are safe, appropriate and maintained in accordance with all health and safety regulations, as well as ensure that all daily checks and records are carried out.
- To provide for the health and safety and welfare of all individuals on the sites.
- To ensure that all site personnel are wearing issued uniforms and the correct PPE at all times.
- Ensure all accidents, near-misses or dangerous situations are recorded and investigated in accordance with company procedures.
- To deputize for the Contract Manager in his absence at management meetings and other site-related activities.
- Ensure attendance is regular, identifying and acting upon absences in line with current policies.
- Ensure regular meetings / toolbox talks take place with employees to encourage feedback and to share new ideas in a consistent way.
- Identify any training needs in liaison with the Health & Safety and Training Department.
- Any other reasonable request
- Must have proven man management experience.
- Experience working within the industry particularly HWRC’s Transfer Stations, and MRF is desirable.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- An HGV, Loading shovel or Telehandler license would be an added advantage.
In Return our client offers
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- 20 days annual leave
- Plus other benefits