JA783 – Contract Administrator
Location – Culham
Salary – £22,800
We are currently recruiting for an Administrator to join our client’s team in Culham. The successful candidate’s role is to support the contract by providing an efficient administrative function and facilitating a customer-focussed service delivery.
Due to the location of the role the successful candidate must be able to gain security clearance which requires 5 years checkable UK employment or education history.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Run regular reports for the Company team to ensure compliance with contractual SLAs.
- Efficiently deal with Reactive and PPM works, from scheduling of jobs through to invoicing in a timely manner
- Proactive planning of PPM and Reactive works to ensure completion within contractual SLAs.
- Arranging access to buildings to aid job completion.
- Requesting call out and arranging Subcontractor attendance.
- Receive any urgent reactive requests from client and notify Supervisors/engineers as required.
- Accurate data entry of information on Mainsaver Database.
- Maintaining excellent client relationships, contract, and client records.
- Allocating of works to engineers.
- Following up on outdated works and works not completed with engineers.
- Attendance at contract meetings as required to take minutes and distribute.
- Operate the Company “CPA” system to raise purchase orders, timesheet entries and invoice queries in line with Company policies.
- Upload documentation such as invoices, service sheets etc to the client shared network
- Check job sheets to ensure accuracy where necessary including labour, materials, and subcontractor costs.
- Monitor the Company shared mailbox to deal with incoming queries and requests as required.
- Interact with engineers and subcontractors to help deliver the M&E maintenance contract.
- Support other activities as appropriate when business needs require.
- Provide holiday/sick cover as needed to ensure business contingency.
- Completing mandatory UKAEA and Company training as required.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent.
- Detailed understanding of and experience with System Data Management within a CAFM environment
- Understanding of key deliverables of a PPM Programme Experience in use of applications such as Word and Excel
- Ability work on own initiative and to prioritise workload.
- Customer Awareness – responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Adaptable and responsive and open to changing circumstance.
- The core management competency framework for the position are:
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
- Planning, Organising & Executing – plan, organises and schedules activities and resources, monitoring the execution against timescales and plans.
- Commercial/ Financial Awareness – understands the NEC3 Contract and applies commercial and financial principals, viewing issues in terms of costs, profits / returns, budget control, markets and added value.
- Risk Management – effectively manages risks and ensures that the interests of the business, others and self are protected.
- Customer Awareness – effectively manages relationships in the supply chain, responsive to the needs of the customer, aims to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Health, Safety Environmental – effectively manages HSE aspects within the business, ensuring compliance and welfare of team members.