Community Facilities Technician (Janitor)
JA826 – Facilities Technician
Location – East Dunbartonshire
Salary – £Competitive
Hours – 25/week
Shifts – Monday – Thursday 1800-2200 Saturday 9 hours
We are currently recruiting for a Community Facilities Technician (Janitor) to join our client’s team in East Dunbartonshire. The successful Facilities Technician will undertake work or direct work allocated by the Operations Supervisor / Facilities Manager within set timescales and to a high quality. Also ensure facility is compliant and fully operational. Provide a proactive and efficient service to internal and external customers. As this role is to cover the community use of any of the 6 schools in the contract flexibility is required and own transport would be an advantage.
- Comply with Company procedures
- Open and close school in accordance with required school occupancy times
- Carry out internal and external checks of building and report faults to Help Desk (No reports to be sent to helpdesk Sat & Sun as tasks will fail) such as damaged tiles, leaks etc.
- Carry out minor repairs
- Ensure subcontractors carry out tasks as per RAMS
- Ensure subcontractors remove all generated waste from site and leave work area clean and tidy ( Contractors quality Control sheet to be updated)
- Ensure all visitors sign in and out of site
- Ensure Waste Transfer Notes are completed and filed where required ure Site Induction has been carried out if personnel are new to site
- Ensure Risk Assessments/Method Statements are reviewed for particular work being carried out
- Ensure work is carried out to a satisfactory standard before signing Field Report/Completing off job. ( Contractors quality Control sheet to be updated)
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn or used and is kept in good condition
- Ensure Reporting Log is updated and sent to Help Desk with Field Report (if available).
- Ensure that PPM tasks are carried out and completed within the timescales ( Agreed PPM’s)
- Ensure compliance to L8 water hygiene standards
- Ensure the operation of the school is compliant at all times
- Ensure all objectives meet the client’s expectations
- Update daily alarm activation report (If Any) and send to Helpdesk along with Securitas reports
- Carry out SRT’s and update log sheet (Self reporting tasks)
- Carry out any refresh decoration which is required to be carried out on site (Monitored by Operations Supervisor)
- Carry out external low level power washing of building and main entrances ( As and when required).
- Familiarisation of the statutory folders necessary to gain understanding of the audit process e.g Filing etc.
- Ensure Plant Room / Switch Room clean and tidy
- Operation of CCTV required
- Undertake Grounds Maintenance Audits monthly and forward to Facilities Manager
- Ground level window sills /main entrance glass doors to be wiped down quarterly
Skills and Experience
- Capable of working with minimum supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel and work within the office or based on sites as required
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and react to financial penalties
- IT literate