Commercial Director (MRO Services)
JS342 Commercial Director (Construction)
Salary: £80,000 – £90,000 + Car + Benefits
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Commercial Director on behalf of one of our prestigious clients.
The purpose of this role is to further develop and manage the overall commercial strategy in accordance with the Business Plan.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all qualified candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the Commercial operations for the UK business accountable for overall risk and opportunity management, procurement strategy and project performance.
- Reporting our commercial performance to the Infrastructure Management Board.
- Review of commercial reports and forecasts with our Project Teams, approving commercial strategies and commercial input for the delivery of work.
- Advising our Project Teams on the financial and commercial aspects of the project which will include discussions on contract strategies and creating opportunities for collaborative outcomes.
- Take the lead on escalated and complex Commercial disputes and possible adjudications.
- To assist with business development and work winning activities.
- Attend pipeline and relevant work winning meetings to ensure that the tender has considered all commercial risks and opportunities and a thorough contract analysis has been achieved prior to tender submission and support, where deemed necessary, with negotiating contracts.
- Oversee the Procurement department and ensure the procurement procedures and project controls have been implemented at approval stage/s.
- Accountable for the co-ordination and consistency of the legal, financial, and funding aspects of live projects and our pipeline.
- Alongside our Finance Manager, support in developing and implementing project funding and cost control strategies.
- To ensure the highest standards of health, safety, quality and environmental management is utilised in the management of resources, to deliver timely and accurate reporting regimes and to carry out other duties as required by the Company.
- Any other duties consistent with your status and seniority, as necessary to meet the needs of the Business of the Company.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate must be a Chartered Civil Engineer.
- FRICS is highly desirable but not essential.
- Previously led a multidisciplinary design and build project at Engineering Manager level.
- Extensive knowledge of construction techniques and best practice.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Detailed knowledge of the principles and details of the main contract of each project.
- A full appreciation of commercial arrangements with the supply chain.
- Ad hoc attendance at progress and commercial meetings with client and supply chain (point of escalation).