AR262 – CNC Setter
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a CNC Setter on behalf of one of our clients.
This role calls for someone with a strong mechanical engineering background, who is able to turn their hand to the different elements required to support the production environment on a shift basis. As well as the key areas of setting the perforating presses and deputising for the team leader in the supervision of the shift, you will be required to provide ancillary support on shift within both the maintenance and toolroom environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To set and operate CNC perforating presses.
- To deputise when required for shift team leader.
- To produce quality parts at output targets.
- To carry out checks in line with ISO procedures.
- Ensure quality standards are met and high standards of housekeeping are maintained.
- To drive a continual improvement culture within the team.
- Attend other meetings and generate ideas for improvements.
- To work as part of team.
- Ensure the health and safety and welfare of self and others at all times.
- Assist in developing competencies of team members, identifying training and development needs and working with the Team Leader and Production Planner to achieve these.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Press running efficiency
- Scrap %
- Customer Reported Defects
- Sets to SMED %
- Manufacturing with a mechanical background
- Numerate and literate
- Able to read technical drawings
- Able to use measuring equipment (micrometres/verniers)
- PC literate
- Man management and or supervisory experience.
- Experience of best practice SMED 5S etc.
- Fork Lift (counter balance).
- Power press regulations certificate.
- First Aid.
- Internal auditing to ISO9000:2000.