Cleaning Contract Manager
MS209 – Cleaning Contract Manager
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Cleaning Contract Manager on behalf of one of our clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing operational support at contract level & ensuring that all operational requirements of the contracts are met. Normal work hours are 40 hours per week, generally 08:00/09:00 to 12:00/13:00 & 16:00/17:000 to 20:00/21:00. This role requires flexibility.
Applications from ex-military personnel are encouraged but all applications will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of operational support at contract level, ensuring that all operational requirements of the contracts are met, this includes the provision of cover cleaning operatives, often at very short notice and may require the Contract Manager to personally clean the site if cover cleaning operatives cannot be sourced.
- Operational planning at contract level with responsibility for contract performance and monitoring.
- Listening to clients, taking notes, advising the client when you hope to get back to them, investigating, solving issues if possible and reporting back to clients as promised, keeping the Operations Manager and other staff / Directors informed as necessary.
- Management of all directly employed staff including Area and Site Supervisors including recruitment and selection, training, performance management and staff retention.
- Management of budgets in liaison with the Operations Manager.
- Collation and reporting of management information and the development of management systems.
- Contact point for enquiries from departments including sales, stores, administration, accounts, HR and payroll.
- Stock control – ensuring that sites have correct stock products and levels on site.
- Carrying out risk assessments as required and sending them back to the Health & Safety Focal Point.
- Maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude to clients and staff.
- Attending new client site meetings, assisting with setup and provision of staff.
- Liaising with HR regarding transfers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Clean UK Driving Licence.
- Qualification in business management (desirable).
- Basic IT skills.
- Previous contract management & supervisory experience within facilities management / cleaning.
- Awareness of environmental management systems.
- Excellent attention to detail.