Chief Aviation Engineering Manager
JS332 – Chief Aviation Engineering Manager
First Military Executive recruitment are currently recruiting for an established aviation business.
Our client serves private individuals, corporations and governments, all of which require bespoke solutions to what are often complex, time critical missions. Their services are valued to deliver by air ambulance providers, national police and security services, military support, commercial operators, corporate bespoke travel, and private individual managed aviation solutions.
Responsible for maintenance activity management and supporting staff oversight of scheduled and unscheduled aircraft engineering activity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the technical director you will be responsible for local operational oversight of the applicable business stream.
- Ensuring in partnership with the resource manager that planned maintenance requirements are effectively resourced and that the planner is reflective of current activity.
- Working in conjunction with the AOG manager to assist in emergent and away from base activity enabling direct and indirect resourcing and support.
- Ensuring that the engineering team that report to you are booking accurate hours and these are checked against any estimated or warranty targets.
- Individual responsibility for booking accurate, timely, and consistent hours in Corridor. Responsible for understanding the commercial importance of time booking. Recording hours against work orders tasks or projects, to be billed at completion of activity or to track cost of a given activity.
- Identifying and recommending recruitment and training requirements to ensure the efficient operational capability of the department.
- Ownership of the end-to-end recruitment process: developing job specifications, interviewing, and justifying applicable candidates in accordance with company values.
- Responsible for the mentoring, supervision and management of allocated staff reports, including but not limited to:
- Regulatory compliance with mandatory training and currency requirements,
- Performing individual competency assessments,
- approval of leave (in conjunction applicable line or contract manager),
- carrying out staff competency assessments in line with current company procedure,
- completing the appraisals of staff,
- setting objectives,
- feedback into the leadership and management teams the performance, capability and training requirements of supporting staff and direct reports.
- Provide information and support as required into commercial departments to allow accurate estimating and quoting of performed and prospective work.
- Provide technical information into leadership, management, planning, supply chain and commercial teams as required to enable clear concise work reporting, detailing current work and in review of performed tasks as may be applicable.
- Provides commercial information as required regarding work or activity performed, including work budget control, parts margins etc.
- Accountable for maintaining the applicable site/location compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Will provide direct support as directed with compliance department, regulatory governing body or external organisations auditing.
- Expected to proactively engage in improvements of our business including suggesting changes to technical process and procedures, escalating any issues / improvements as required.
- Responsible for the technical management of performed work to ensure compliance with applicable company process and procedures.
- Responsible for performing the applicable Category \”C\” certifier responsibilities and applicable certification.
- Responsible for ensuring/enforcing correct use of company procedures and processes through Compliance with all procedures listed in the current Staff Company Handbook.
- Responsible for ensuring all activity carried out in accordance with data protection rules and procedures.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position.
Skills & Qualifications:
- ICAO Type II Engineer License with at least two aircraft type ratings applicable to the company fleet.
- 5 years’ experience in Line/Base certifying staff with experience in AOG support functions.