JA858 – Cargo Stevedore
Location – Port of Dover
Salary – £DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Cargo Stevedore (Cargo Services Operative) to join their Operations Team, reporting to the Operations Manager and General Manager.
Our client specialises in the handling, storage and freight forwarding of temperature controlled commodities, as well as handling a broad range of projects and general cargoes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be trained and competent to operate a range of plant and equipment, to ensure the safe and efficient handling and storage of cargo loads.
You will carry out landside operations such as Slinger/Banksman, mooring, quay man, hatch-man as well as operating a range of mechanical lifting plant from a 5 tonne Forklift to a Reach Stacker. You may also be required to operate our Tug/Maffi and Class 1 HGV.
You will be working day and night shifts in line with our vessels. Your shifts will be communicated to you on a weekly basis and you will be required to work at short notice.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Hold a valid Forklift Truck Operator qualification, or Tug/Maffi driver/Reach Stacker/Class 1 HGV qualification.
- Previous experience in manual handling and lifting plant application.
- Be able to work unsupervised.
- Have clear communication skills.
- Be physically fit be able to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Able to work in all weather.