First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a CAD Technician on behalf of one of our clients.
The role includes responsibility for the production of a range of drawings in line with client specifications, ensuring the relevant project controls and document control is implemented. The role will be based in the head office but will require visits to site to obtain the accurate measurements required for drawing preparation.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of all Company drawings using AutoCAD to client specifications.
- Management of document control and issuing of the drawings at all stages of the project.
- Update project documentation including O&M’s and asset integration data.
- Client liaison.
- Production of equipment and instrument schedules.
- Working closely with the project engineer.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s policies, procedures and work instructions including commitment to working with the Company to achieve its OH&S, environmental and quality objectives.
- Observe and comply with all good working practices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The main skills required for this role are experience with AutoCAD.
- At least 3 years of related experience, ideally this should be in the UK water sector.
- Any design experience would be ideal.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer experience.