Business Manager – Marine
JS333 – Business Manager (Marine)
Salary: Circa £70,000 + Car + Bonus
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Business Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
The scope of the role is to lead and develop the Marine Business with responsibility for managing the operational, financial, customer and employee strategy within the business. As the Business Manager you will have responsibility for ensuring that key client relationships are maintained and grow the business through identifying, pursuing, and actioning new opportunities with existing and new clients in existing and new market sectors.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of the management team to achieve the overall objectives of the company by driving high standards of work and continuous improvement in process and quality of operations.
- Manage the full P&L, budget and commercial responsibility of the Marine business, including cash flow, collection and ownership of orders.
- Developing and delivering budgets in line with forecasts and expectations.
- Building effective relationships with clients to foster long term engagement and improve commercial position.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with stakeholders, organisations, potential new business, and other outside bodies to improve the company’s image and client base.
- Understanding the market, identifying and delivering opportunities to tender.
- Ensure compliance with all Company Policies.
- Particular attention is drawn to the requirement to manage operational delivery in accordance with the Companies Safety Rules.
- Regularly run reports to analyse the results communicating with the relevant management team on costs and revenue and work on improvement plans for any variances to budget.
- Ensuring KPIs and targets are set and delivered.
- Proactively drive down costs and improve efficiency to increase business performance and profitability.
- Role model the required behaviours and standards of work, coaching and developing the workforce.
- Ensuring excellent quality and safety standards are maintained.
- Manage a small team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience in rotating equipment highly desirable.
- Experience within the Naval sector is preferable, but not essential.
- Demonstrable experience of understanding and managing P&L, budget control, commercial and financial acumen.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a small team.
- Customer focused thinker with outstanding interpersonal skills for communication at all levels.
- Strong leadership with determination and tenacity to make a positive impact on the business.
- Possess excellent technical knowledge of the mechanical and electrical industry IOSH H&S for Managers.