Business Development Manager
MM675 – Business Development & Client Manager
Location – Hayes
Salary – DOE + Company Car
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Development & Client manager for our client’s expanding Property Services business. The successful candidate will be responsible for increasing the turnover of the Company and maintaining profitability by bringing in new contracts (blocks of flats) at sustainable financial rates. This will be achieved primarily by expansion of current clients where requests to quote come in daily and to a lesser degree, by bringing in new clients. The role of Business Development and Client Management primarily entails overseeing and working with our existing 170 clients within Rose Property Services. Our client’s work includes Cleaning, Gardening, Window Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, Jet Washing, Graffiti Removal, Hard Floor Renovation and Bulk Waste Removal.
- Increasing the turnover of the Company and maintaining profitability.
- Particularly developing the Window Cleaning side of the business.
- Meeting clients on site, to discuss the issues they face with their current contractor and proposing suggestions for improvement prior to quoting.
- Dealing with incoming calls/requests and letters/requests from new clients who will be approaching us for the first time, taking site details, attending site meetings with a view to quoting for the work, measuring up and assessing work involved and time scales.
- Gathering site details to prepare a ‘Site Job Description’ for ongoing use by our operatives.
- Creating the Site Risk Assessment, details of which will go on the ‘Site Job Description’.
- Sending out quotes in written form and via e mail.
- Following up with telephone calls to gauge success and seek instructions.
- Dealing with incoming calls/requests and letters/requests from existing clients in relation to other sites that may require pricing.
- To meet with the management team at least once per week to inform them of how sales are going and alert them to any potential new sites that may be coming on board.
- To liaise with the operations team as and when new sites come on board to ensure a seamless start to each new contract. This may involve proactively getting the contract up and running where necessary.
- To maintain the client list by calling them at least on a 6 monthly basis to ensure that they are happy with the work we are doing and to enquire of any possibility of any new work.
- To take on any 1 off projects that the Company deems necessary.
- To always look at the various elements of the Company with a critical eye to see if improvements can be made and to come up with suggestions for improvement.
- It should be noted that the above is not an exhaustive list and at various times you may well be called upon to act in numerous different roles within the Company dependant on the Companies needs at that time.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level or excellent A levels results.
- Period of employment in either the private or social sector for property maintenance or if not, then a role within a business that is people and customer service focused.
- UK driving license
- EXCELLENT verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer satisfaction led approach to all that you do.
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve.
- Task juggling skills as no two days will be the same.
- Professional and positive approach and outlook.
- Desire to be part of a team – but with the confidence to make the final call.
- A good sense of humour.
- EXCELLENT organisational skills.
- Common sense.
- A willingness to muck in.
- Competitive Salary
- New company car provided
- Profit share after 1 year with the Company
- Annual salary review
- Auto enrolment to pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Flexible working hours