Brick Laying Tutor
FC16 – Brick Laying Tutor
Location – Featherstone
Salary – £27,174
Hours – 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – the largest not-for-profit, independent training provider in the country- to recruit a Brick Laying Tutor to train brick laying skills to adult offenders.
Our client is working to deliver an innovative education service across the West Midlands with the aim of empowering those in custody to take the opportunity to begin a career path and develop the relevant skills and technical experience to progress towards an Apprenticeship and/or employment upon their release from prison.
The Tutor will be passionate about learning and will have the ability to work in a challenging but highly rewarding environment. They will also be adept at defusing conflict and working strictly to protocol and procedure. To be successful in the role, the candidate will need to be inspirational and value-led individuals and have a keen interest in achieving success with adult offenders.
As part of the pre-employment (post offer) screening procedures, a DBS and Secure Training Centre Vetting will be required, alongside 5 years reference history.
Our client encourages applications from former service personnel, however all qualified candidates will be given due consideration
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for coordinating and delivering a vocational competency based curriculum in Brick Laying, up to Level 3 using awarding body standards; assessing learners work and raising their aspirations through constructive feedback and appropriate support.
- Assess and verify learners’ work. Establish and maintain strong relationships with awarding bodies and ensure that regular quality improvement meetings are held.
- To pro-actively develop links with external agencies and organisations that can contribute to the delivery of the planned Brick Laying programme.
Skills and Experience:
- A background/experience within the industry, looking to broaden their experience in working with a rewarding group within a unique environment.
- Proven experience of supporting others in developing technical /vocational skills.