Assistant Service Manager – Care Sector
JA760 – Assistant Service Manager (1993)
Location – Biggin Hill
Salary – £23,000 per annum
Working Hours – This role is 39 hours per week which includes 2 admin days and support shifts including earlies, lates, sleep ins, weekends and bank holidays.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Service Manager for our client who are a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life.
The Assistant Service Manager will join their teams in Biggin Hill to manage the staff across 2 services at Goldsmiths Close and Lancaster House
The services support, 9 people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, and mental health needs. Several cafes are available in the local high street as well as supermarkets and other amenities. The service has a local bus stop as well as parking available onsite.
You will act as a role model in the delivery of active support, you will promote and maintain person-centred approaches and inclusive community activities and develop further links. You will be expected to support the people with all aspects of their lives as well as directly managing and supervising the team, carrying out 1-1’s, managing rotas, reports, care plans as well as deputising for the Service Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Have experience of supporting people with disabilities and complex needs.
- Experienced managing a staff team within social care or able to demonstrate the skills to be able to do this (including supervisions, probations, inductions).
- To be able to support people with their personal care.
- Hold a full valid driving licence and access to own vehicle to get to the location of the service.
- Be willing to drive the mobility vehicles for the people we support.
- Be willing to lead by example and lead the team effectively.
- Good IT skills to use various systems and applications.
- Able to manage own time and workload.
- Be flexible to work across the different shift patterns on a 7-day rota.
- To be able to be part of an on call rota.
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas.
- Regular one to one supervision.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350.
- Increasing annual leave with length of service.
- Flexible working.
- Occupational sick pay.
- Maternity/paternity pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme.