Assistant Facilities Manager
DC246 – Assistant Facilities Manager
Location – Glasgow
Salary – £27,000 to £32,000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Assistant Facilities Manager to be based in their Glasgow office. However, the role will require some travel around Scotland, so a flexible approach is required.
Our client’s facilities management team are responsible for the day-to-day operations at the buildings the Company manage. They work closely with the Health, Safety & Environmental, Sustainability, Procurement and on-site team staff and approved contractors to deliver a great service.
The Facilities Managers and on-site team are responsible for providing a range of onsite support to their clients and tenants. They work to create an environment fully compliant with Health, Safety & Fire and other statutory controls, promoting sustainability and good environmental practices when carrying out work.
- Promote a high level of satisfaction among property management team members and the client users by promptly responding to their service requirements.
- Assure prompt responses by other team members and selected contractors.
- Provide professional support to the Facilities Manager on site or at remote sites.
- Promote a team working environment together with other Facilities professionals by performing the prescribed duties personally or in conjunction with other members of the team.
- Ensure compliance with the Company minimum standards, policies and procedures established for the portfolio.
- Maintain overall responsibility for ensuring all building documents are accurately filed in the relevant filing system.
- Communicate regularly with the Service Desk.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in developing a close working relationship with all of the contractors and ensure they fully understand the client culture and ensure that a high quality service is delivered.
Skills and Experience:
- Effectively control costs within own job area and awareness of those outside immediate responsibility.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload.
- Knowledge of production and management of financial data.
- Sound health and safety knowledge.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of communicating at all levels
- Effective PC skills – proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in a similar FM role (preferred).
- Qualification in Procurement or Supply Chain Management (desirable).
- Member of CIPS (desirable).
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary dependent on experience.
- An opportunity to be part of a company who is committed to engaging with and developing all employees.
- The opportunity to contribute to a growing organisation, providing both personal and career development opportunities.
- 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays and a birthday holiday (TBC).
- Stakeholder Pension (TBC).
- Life Cover x3 of annual salary (TBC).
- Health Cover (TBC).
- Gym Membership (TBC).
- Personal Development.