Application & Integration Engineer
MM598 – Application & Integration Engineer
Location – Birkenhead
Salary – Attractive Salary and Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Application and Integration Engineer to join their team in Birkenhead.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
With over 50 years experience and more than 15,000 customers worldwide, our client understands the need for accurate, robust, intelligent sensors and measurement systems. Their Sensors and systems measure displacement distance, temperature and colour. They are used throughout almost all industries and offers world leading solutions.
Due to continued growth, the UK division is looking to recruit an “Application & Integration Engineer”, based at its head office in Birkenhead.
We are seeking a top quality engineer from an Engineering/Software/Computer Science background, who wishes to work in role, where they translate customer requirements into working solutions.
- Become a technical expert for our portfolio, particular focus on 2D/3D and systems products
- Understand product features and how to apply them to customer requirements
- Technical evaluation of new incoming enquiries to assess suitability:
- Liaising with internal and external sales team
- Perform test and evaluation measurements at the UK facilities
- Production of evaluation and test reports
- Support customer trials with onsite attendance when required
- Manage test and demonstration facilities at the UK, including improvement in capabilities
- Support installation, commissioning, and customer training of product portfolio
- Provide technical support for installed systems, including site visits to perform annual servicing and recalibrations
- Manage Integration with customers PLC’s, PC systems and industrial networks
You are likely to be HNC/HND/degree qualified in either an Electromechanical/Electronic Engineering or Software Engineering discipline.
- Experience of integration of automation products into customers processes: measurement sensors, vision camera systems, other 2D/3D solutions would be preferred but not essential
- PLC, HMI programming and implementation of communications protocols (Profibus, TCP/IP, UDP, serial communication, etc.)
- Good understanding of C family software, PC’s and Windows Operating Systems
- Good analytical and development skills
- Strong time management skills
- Work to deadlines and respond effectively to customer requests
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Work as an individual and as part of multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to discuss at a technical level directly with customers
Knowledge of the following skills or the willingness to learn would be preferred
- Image processing software tools
- ProfiNET and EtherCAT
- Programming in a Linux OS environment
This is an office based, customer facing role with travel to UK customer sites and HQ in Germany when required
In return our client offers
- A premium salary for the right candidate DOE
- An opportunity for the right candidate to join a dynamic and successful team
- 25 Days holidays plus bank holiday
The company is a family centric, market leader with a powerful product range and can offer a positive working environment