Analyst – PMO
FC47 – Analyst – PMO
Location – Mansfield
Salary – £25,901 to £28,779 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Programme Office Analyst to join their team, working out of their Mansfield office.
We welcome applications from either established Analysts or someone who is ready to take their next step into a full Analyst role.
The PMO Analyst will support the Programme Management Offices in the successful delivery of programmes and projects, and adoption of best practice project management standards. They will analyse, monitor information and provide timely delivery of relevant management information and reporting the Executive team, Senior Managers and other stakeholders. They will also improve systems and reporting at the Programme level.
Our Client offers different ways to work flexibly such as: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK, and will be subject to basic security checks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide analysis and monitoring of programme level information, and provide timely and relevant management information and reporting the Executive team, Senior Managers and other stakeholders as required.
- To support the centre of excellence function as part of the P3O team, including management of specialist programme and project systems, tools, processes, standards and documentation.
- Work with the Portfolio Office to encourage and support use of best practice Project Management principles, tools & techniques across the Programme Office’s remit. These include but are not limited to: Lifecycle Management, Managing Issues, Risks, Change, Budgets, Stakeholders, Stage Reviews, Task, Capacity & Resource Planning and Management, Reporting at all levels, Problem Solving, Learning lessons, ensuring Business Case Benefits Realisation.
- To lead on independent programme and project audits across Operational Programmes, providing assurance on adherence to governance and best practice.
- To support regular resource and capacity planning and associated reporting.
- To assist the Principal PMO Manager (operations) with operational performance management processes and reporting, including Strategic Objectives and KPIs.
- To assist the Principal PMO Manager (operations) in the company’s risk management practices through the provision of programme risk reporting supported by accurate and timely information which provides assurance and enables risk mitigation.
- To provide support and guidance on best practice business cases and Investment and Opportunities Board submissions.
- To share information, good practice and expertise across the P3O.
- To champion P3O services and communicate regarding them at all levels.
- To support the company’s wider P3O as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in supporting the delivery of change based projects and programmes is desirable.
- A good knowledge of excel and MS Office, experience of working with MS Project would be advantageous but not essential.
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail (excellent co-ordination and organisational skills).
- A demonstrable willingness to learn and develop new ideas.
- An ability to work flexibly and be able to adapt and move between tasks easily.
- A working style with a focus on attention to detail, focussing on quality rather than quantity output.
- Experience of the co-ordination of meeting activities including, minute taking, action collation, reporting and scheduling.
- An understanding of project and programme processes.
- Experience of working in a PMO would be beneficial but not essential
- Working knowledge of Portfolio, Programme and Project management processes.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Strong administrative skills and experience.
- Knowledge of the operation of PMOs.
In return our client offers:
- 27.5 days holiday (with an additional 6 days flexi time).
- Work flexibility options, including hybrid working availability.
- Great pension scheme.
- Generous gym membership contribution.