Salary: Up to £37,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an Account Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
To ensure the smooth running of the Accounts department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Accounts office and Accounts Assistant, including approving absence requests, conducting staff appraisals, training as required.
- Provision of management information in various forms. Sales figures, P&L, balance sheets, various ad hoc reports and costings.
- Provide management accounts in a timely manner.
- Maintain accounting functions of in USA and maintain all ledgers. Preparation of Californian Sales & US tax returns.
- Credit control for Company.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return.
- Fulfilling obligations for Intrastat reporting; including EC sales listings.
- Administer and maintain Company Stakeholder Pension Scheme, providing advice to staff as required.
- Oversee auto enrolment pension scheme and ensure timely re-enrolment is actioned, alongside opts outs for participants of stakeholder scheme as requested/required.
- Oversee and maintain payroll system to ensure Inland Revenue requirements are met.
- Prepare monthly PAYE payments.
- Ensure annual return is completed and reconciled.
- Liaise with auditors and complete required preparatory work for annual audit year end and half year.
- Liaise with Chairman over transfers and general smooth running of funds flow.
- Keep updated with changes in legislation/government guidance as necessary (including COVID-19 awareness).
- Keep updated of changes in statutory payments ie. maternity, paternity, redundancy and National Minimum Wage etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experienced Accounts Technician with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior role.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of computerised accounts systems when used in a SME environment.
- Able to delegate effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and able to write concise meaningful reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and integrity, able to build the confidence and trust of colleagues.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, Excel and integrated accounting systems.
- Able to understand and appreciate all of the Company’s functions including finance, administration, manufacturing, and the other processes within the Company.
- Skills in executing commercial business and strategic thinking.
- Analytical skills to drive operational efficiency.
- Proven financial and accounting expertise, to include a minimum of 5 years’ financial management and book-keeping, experience of integrated accounting systems and exposure to medium to large-scale financial and P&L management.
- Experience of international trade, ideally obtained in a manufacturing setting;
- Reviewing and negotiating credit worthiness.
- Experience of engaging stakeholders and customers at a senior level.
- Previous experience in a related role or industry is essential.
- Formal qualification in accounting or book-keeping (eg from ACCA or AAT).
- Management qualifications: MBA or ILM Level 4/5.
- Experience in lieu of qualifications may be considered.
- A model of discretion and professionalism, who can present a good impression when representing the Company.
- Eligible to work in UK.
Salary: Up to £37,000