Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: £33-38K, per annum.
Contract: Full time, permanent, 40 hours per week, based out of head office in Birmingham.
Our client has been providing highly effective building services solutions within the UK since the business was created in 2004. They provide a wide variety of solutions for electromechanical services including: heating, ventilation, air conditioning, lifts & escalators, lighting, fire alarm and electrical engineering services and the strategic management of contract maintenance and design solutions for optimal performance with the evaluation of whole life cycle costs.
This full time position offers an exciting opportunity with a diverse range of organisations including many Blue-Chip businesses across the UK and Europe with a chance to obtain chartership and a rewarding career in a growing company.
Position Summary: Electrical Engineer
You will be working on a large number of projects with a wide variety of clients on the design of Electrical Engineering Services for buildings. Providing sustainable solutions for all aspects of building engineering services whilst specialising in electrical design in order to meet client needs is a fundamental. Your ability to analyse problems and provide/implement cost effective solutions to legacy systems in addition to design upgrades whilst mitigating associated risks will be essential.
Internal: Directors, Associates, Project Leaders, Engineers and Administrative Staff
External: Client, Suppliers, Contractors, Design Team Members
You will typically have at least 6 – 8 years industry experience in technical services /commissioning and installation of electromechanical equipment, an enthusiasm for consultancy, an interest in design and a desire to increase your skills in the buildings industry. You must have a broad based electrical engineering knowledge including; electrical/controls engineering, preventative & corrective maintenance, electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics, heating, cooling, ventilation systems, with some experience in a buildings/strcutures environment. Willingness to travel with a flexible approach to working hours is an essential part of the role.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Surveying and reporting on electrical systems in existing buildings;
- Liaising with clients, other members of the design team, suppliers and contractors as necessary;
- Analysis of existing systems (effectiveness/suitability for clients etc.);
- Undertaking design calculations;
- Developing design proposals at sketch, detail design and production stages
- Preparing: clear concise reports and tender documentation
- Assisting in other departments/areas of the business if required.
Role Summary – Essential skills & experience:
- You will typically have at least 6 to 8 years’ relevant industry experience working in electrical or electromechanical environments and HVAC systems with site experience in building services or allied trade such as electrical installation/commission and survey and maintenance.
- NVQ L3 or higher with solid electrical engineering design skills on general electrical services:
- Knowledge of 17TH Edition Wiring Regulations
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to understand and draft technical documents;
- Preventative and corrective maintenance
- Must be able to comprehend and understand electrical drawings;
- Strong knowledge of electrical distribution
- Managing and working with contractors to adhere to specifications and drawings;
- Experience with audit and maintenance work within buildings /structures environment;
- Hold a full clean UK driving licence
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) at all levels to maintain good relationships and prepare reports
- Must be able to work both independently and use initiative to solve problems
- Highly organised, punctual and efficient time management
- The ability to work with a team of specialists in a professional, friendly, confident manner and develop client relationships.
Desirable skills and Experiences:
- Experience and knowledge of the building services
- Experience in project management.
- Procurement and Tenders
To apply for the role please send CV and a covering letter.
You can apply for the role HERE.