JM63: Workshop Technician
Location: London NW10
As a Workshop Technician your role is to complete wheelchair reconditioning, repairs and decontamination for all workshop-based product. You are
responsible for any equipment that needs to be processed through the workshop while taking instruction from the Team Leader and/or Logistics Manager to
meet the required standard while following all health and safety guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Brief Job description:
- To ensure collected equipment is decontaminated on arrival to service centre as per company procedure.
- To ensure that all product is promptly asset tagged within the warehouse with relevant descriptions and serial numbers on the p/work.
- To ensure all parts and information for refurbishing are correctly requested from stores.
- To ensure relevant supplier serial numbers and barcode information is recorded.
- To ensure all workshop repairs are carried out efficiently for turnaround in line with targets.
- To ensure that all repairs are logged appropriately, and confirmation is provided to the Team Leader when complete.
- To ensure that all reconditioning standards are met consistently.
- To ensure that batteries are tested regularly.
- To ensure all paperwork is accurately maintained in line with Company procedures and guidelines.
- To be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the contract(s) stock and to ensure good housekeeping at all times.
- To assist with stock takes when requested by the Supply Chain Manager, Operations Director or your line manager.
- To observe the Company’s quality control standards on received goods, accessories and parts.
- To comply with instructions on job sheets and raise any queries with management.
- To ensure that working area is kept tidy and hazard free.
- To comply with company and ISO9001:2015 processes and procedures.
- To ensure all contaminated stock arriving at the depot is covered with an orange bag and segregated from clean stock.
- To ensure that care, caution and protection from cross-infection/safety guidelines are followed when dealing with used products.
- To ensure that all used products are separated from new/issue goods, so as to negate the possibility of client cross-infection. (on and off site)
- To ensure that all goods allocated meet the appropriate cleanliness and serviceability standards.
- To ensure that goods have been checked, charged (overnight) and adjusted (as per regulation) prior to leaving the depot for that day’s activities.
- To ensure paperwork is correctly documented, logged and filed creating a clear audit trail.
- To comply with work instructions for Decontamination and the procedure QPA010.
- To ensure that the correct PPE is worn at all times during the decontamination process.
- To ensure that stock levels for chemicals and accessories are maintained.
- To ensure that the jet wash has been PAT tested and is in date.
- To wash contaminated product according to work instructions.
- To dry product after washing and segregate form decontamination area.
- When dry cover product with blue bag ready for return to normal stock or workshop for reconditioning or repair.
- To assist with the stores as and when required.
- To carry out relevant wheelchair and equipment repairs when required to do so.
- To report any process issues to the Workshop Team Leader/Logistics Manager.
- The above list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be required to undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade and inline with the requirements of the post that fall outside of this positions remit.
- Within reason, you may be required to work outside of your standard contracted hours to meet the needs of the organisation.
- As part of your ongoing development, you will be required to undertake training in order to meet the requirements of your role.
- The job holder is required to acknowledge, understand and abide by Quality, Information Security and all other policies relating to his/her employment.
- The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basi