Workshop and Stores Supervisor
EJ549 – Workshop and Stores Supervisor
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Workshop and Stores Supervisor on behalf of one of our clients.
You will manage and action the receiving, handling, storing, picking, and packing activities within the warehouse, ensuring quality standards are met at every turn whilst also having a strong engineering background. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail oriented, and able to track multiple facets of the warehouse at any given time.
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping and customer service.
- Schedule and oversee warehouse team to meet the demands of the fulfillment centre and manage the flow and quality of work to maximise efficiency and minimise overtime.
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly and oversee general maintenance as needed.
- Meet regularly with warehouse leads to review, analyse and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention.
- Oversee and manage logistics utilised to transport products to customers and internal facilities, communicating with drivers and pallet companies to ensure efficient delivery of packages.
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, by supervising, organising, directing, monitoring and managing operation goals.
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilisation, inventory management, gate processes and shipping.
- Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in a warehouse lead role managing employees.
- Mechanical and/or electrical experience highly desirable.
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedure and policy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to work with all levels of company staff.
- Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback.
- Electrical certificate an advantage.
- Mechanical or engineering qualification.
- Forklift Licence.
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000