Warden/Nurse Call Systems Service Engineer
JA773 – Field Service Engineer -Warden/Nurse Call Systems
Location – Edinburgh
Salary – £Competitive
We are recruiting currently for a Field Service Engineer with strong Warden/Nurse Call system knowledge to join our client’s Fire & Security Business. The Field Service Engineer will work as part of a strong team to carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Warden/Nurse Call Systems. Reporting to the Operations Manager.
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Warden/Nurse Call Systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Warden/Nurse Call Systems.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all relevant reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with Warden/Nurse Call Systems aspects of the PPM schedules.
- To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the contract as required.
- Fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they System Upgrades, Like for Like replacements, Project works, etc.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong Warden/Nurse Call Systems skills and knowledge
- Health and Safety Training
- GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent
- Industry experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification and preventative tasks
City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
Experience in IT & Networking