SW3 – Vehicle Technician
Job Location – Bristol.
Salary – £Competitive + monthly bonus + Enhanced rate at Weekends.
We are currently recruiting for a Vehicle technician for our client’s vehicle base, the successful candidate will be suitably qualified and experienced and able to work on their own initiative, must be energetic and have the ability to perform under pressure.
Monday – Friday 8am – 5.30pm, 1 in 2 Saturdays (on rota) 8am to 1pm. Any additional Saturdays will be paid separately at double-time. PLEASE BE AWARE OUR CLIENTS ARE CURRENTLY REVIEWING THEIR WORKING PATTERN WITH A VIEW TO MOVING TO A 1 IN 4 SATURDAY, WITH AN ENHANCED RATE.
- Performing diagnostic testing to identify faults.
- Carrying out servicing and repairs on a variety of car makes and models.
- Maintaining a safe and productive work environment.
- MOT testing (if applicable to role).
- Ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed, notify the customer of any advisory.
- Following assignments through to completion, meeting deadlines and delivering on promises.
- Skills and Experience
- Relevant qualification in light vehicle maintenance and repairs and/or time served vehicle technician.
- Current valid UK Driving Licence.
- Must have their own stocked Toolbox.
- Be able to communicate effectively with customers, in a clear & concise manner.
- MOT (IMI accredited) qualification would be advantageous and commands higher salary.
- A Team player approach to work.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment.
- The ability to manage time and workload effectively with minimum supervision.
- A good level of physical fitness in order to carry out the full demands of the role.
- Competitive annual leave entitlement, increasing with service.
- Contribution based pension scheme.
- Service linked company sick pay.
- Health & Wellbeing support through “Ben”.
- “High Street” shopping discount scheme and discounts on in house car purchases &servicing.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Eye-care scheme.
- Paid compassionate leave (subject to criteria).
- Refer a friend /family’ scheme.
- Development and progression.