Training Manager (Engineering Service Line)
DC288 – Training Manager (Engineering Service Line)
Location – Bournemouth
Salary – £Competitive DOE + Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Training Manager to work alongside their Part 145 (Maintenance) and Part 21 (Design) organisations to drive training adherence, compliance, and continuation training. We are looking for an energetic self-starter and someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and take personal accountability.
The Training Manager will be responsible for owning the training records, and maintaining the policy around training engineers and support staff. They will also own the company’s relationships with apprentices and training organisations.
This is a key function for the compliant running of our client’s maturing business. In this role, you will be at the centre of an exciting, but demanding engineering business, having to liaise with engineers, HR, senior stakeholders and administrators.
You will be supporting the Technical Director in ensuring the efficient day-to-day provision of training needs to the business and reporting of appropriate activities, as well as the Managing Director, and Head of Delivery as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure training records are kept up to date.
- Organise/manage Apprenticeships (currently Engineers, Operations & IT).
- Ensuring Apprenticeship Levy is ‘maximised’ across the Group.
- Manage Levy in accordance with HMRC/Government Rules and Guidelines.
- Manage/liaise with Apprenticeship Providers, ensuring ROI and Quality Control of Apprenticeship Schemes.
- Attend Apprenticeship meetings as required, in line with Government requirements.
- Manage the Continuation Training Program for Engineering: Design / Develop / Deliver Instruct.
- Design, Develop, Deliver Human Factors, across ALL company sites.
- Manage Training Needs and provision of, for all departments.
- Manage oversight of all Engineering competencies to ensure that all are in date as per CAA/EASA regulations.
- Be the single Point of Contact for all Training needs.
- Assist in any bookings of courses (from both internal and external customers).
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in an aviation training environment.
- Experience with the administration of training records.
- Experience with Apprentices and relationships with Apprentice providers.
- Experience of being able to liaise with a number of senior stakeholders.
- Flexible, including a willingness to travel offsite, including all offices as required.
- Manage and control staff training while minimising downtime.
- Enable our organisation to develop and implement medium to long-term training strategies.
- Continuous improvement of training processes and administration.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary DOE (to be discussed in full at interview).
- Life Assurance.
- Travel Insurance.
- Group Health Scheme.