Trainee Stores Operative
JA991 – Trainee Stores Operative
Location – Loanhead – Edinburgh
Salary – Real living wage
We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Stores Operative to join our client in Loanhead. The successful candidate will support the Procurement and Operational Teams to ensure all stores processes are implemented and carried out in accordance with policy.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Processing Goods in by checking and signing off deliveries as they arrive. Match up goods with relevant Purchase Order and label up equipment with all the required details. Book in deliveries on computer system and place on either service or project shelves.
- Handing out parts, with the Engineers completing the stores material movement book. Check all relevant information is filled in and provide the goods from either the service shelf or stock shelves. Process the stores movement slip on the computer system as required.
- Review service report and advise if any parts can be used from stock. Update computer system accordingly.
- Organise repairs/ returns for shipping back to repair centre.
- Issue and control Plant to and from stores, transferring via computer system accordingly. All returned plant must be inspected and processed for future use.
- Cycle counts of 25 items must be carried out every week, investigating any discrepancies to maintain accurate stock levels. Assisting in YE stock-take as and when required.
- Organise electrical waste bin uplifts and complete the relevant documentation.
- Stores always kept clean and tidy.
Skills and Experience
- Previous stores experience
- Knowledge of Fire & Security equipment