Trainee Parts Sales Advisor
JB38: Trainee Parts Sales Advisor
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting one of our established and expanding businesses in the search for a Trainee Parts Sales Advisor.
The role of Trainee Parts Sales Advisor will involve you learning and develop your skills in selling to construction and agricultural businesses; whether they be existing, lapsed or new customers, where you will be required to identify and satisfy customer equipment requirements for parts across the full range of machines for repair, service or maintenance. This will involve both ‘in house’ and ‘online training’.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking enquiries from customers across phone and counter.
- Looking up and identifying parts.
- Promoting and selling parts to meet customer needs.
- Proactively expediting parts not arriving from suppliers on time.
- Being involved in proactive telemarketing campaigns.
- Supplying the Service Department with parts as required.
- Assisting in keeping the parts inventory orderly and up to date.
- Receiving and checking and putting away incoming shipments.
- Picking and packing.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Being involved in inventory management, invoicing and other admin tasks.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Interest / Experience within the plant or car industry.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure.
- Ability to get on with all different types of people in a pressurised environment.
- Work as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate well.
- A good understanding of the importance of excellent customer service and building rapport with customers.
- Good working knowledge on Microsoft applications.
- Attention to detail.
- A flexible, positive, and outgoing approach to work.
- A friendly and approachable manner so you can assist internal and external customers.
- This is not a reactive order taking role, you must be comfortable selling and upselling in a pro-active manner face to face and over the phone.
- 39-hour basic working week and competitive overtime rates:
- Monday to Friday – time and a half for the first four hours after completing a normal working day, and thereafter double time until the completion of continuous working.
- Saturday – time and a half for the first four hours or until 12.00 noon, whichever occurs first, and thereafter double time.
- Rota based overtime to cover the opening hours of the business.
- Average holiday pay to reflect overtime worked.
- Parts bonus scheme.
- Healthcare Cash Plan (company paid – value of £1000).
- Employee Assistance Programme (access to 6 free counselling sessions).
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Life assurance – three times salary.
- 30 days annual leave, increasing by 1 day for every 2 years’ service up to a total of 35 days.
- Option to buy/sell up to 5 days annual leave per year.
- In-house training.