Trade Controls Compliance Lead
EJ537 – Trade Control Compliance Lead (6 month FTC)
Location: North London
First Military Recruitment are currently searching for a Trade Control Compliance Lead on behalf of our client. The position will focus on the dissemination of trade controls awareness, throughout company and its subsidiaries; the development and maintenance of appropriate procedures, to facilitate full compliance and regular monitoring and auditing of transactions to verify compliance.
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be required to interact with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and to maintain a detailed understanding of the control regimes, and the changes that are introduced, such that they can guide the necessary changes to the companies activities, to give effect to such changes.
- The job holder will be the “go to” person for any employee with any trade controls compliance issues or concerns, who will proactively arrange and deliver appropriate staff training and refresher awareness programmes, undertaking periodic and “ad hoc” auditing and review to monitor compliance with internal policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. In the event of issues being identified, the job holder will recommend appropriate measures to address required remediation and actions required to prevent re-occurrence and to work with the operational management to ensure effective implementation.
To take the lead in respect to ensuring that the Company has, and rigorously applies, procedures dealing with all aspects of Export Licencing, Sanctions and Embargo requirements including:
- Interface with regulatory departments, including UK Export Control Joint Unit; BIS; HMRC; MoD; HM Treasury.
- Interface with external advisers.
- ECCN identification of goods to be supplied for export/re-export.
- UK & EU: MoD F680s, Rating Enquiries, Individual and Open Export Licence Applications, SPIRE administration.
- US ITAR & EAR: DDTC Registrations, Commodity Jurisdiction Requests, Licence Applications, Technology Transfer Agreements; OFAC: Sanction regimes and Specially Designated Persons.
- End-User Undertakings.
- Denied Party Screening – full implementation and maintenance, including adjudication on “hits” identified by our installed screening software.
- The job holder will assume personal responsibility for preparing and submitting licence applications with respect to transactions identified as being particularly complex or sensitive.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of company equipment and provide advice, as necessary, to the Development Team on the trade control implications of component selection and product designs.
- The job holder will be responsible for overseeing trade control compliance across all company and subsidiaries locations.
- To work with Operations and Finance staff to ensure that transactions carried out by the business are compliant with relevant customs and tariff regulations and reporting requirements.
- Any other tasks associated with the above functions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of, and practical experience in, the administration and application of international and national trade controls, including UK/EU/D and US control regimes.
- The ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels is an essential requirement.
Location: North London