Test & Development Engineer
AR50 – Test & Development Engineer
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Test and Development Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
Our client is committed to transforming the discovery and development of new biologics, to get materials into the clinic faster and to drive better outcomes for patients.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Test and Development Engineer to join our clients small, friendly and innovative team to play a key hands-on role in the design for manufacture and service processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building instruments, including the fabrication of components
- Designing and developing new process equipment, jigs and fixtures as part of the new product introduction process
- Planning and executing testing and validation; interpreting results and creating reports with conclusions on performance, reliability and safety
- Training production staff in the safe and correct assembly of new products
- Contributing to the production of service manuals and assisting the service team with on-site fault-finding
Skills and Qualifications:
- Comprehensive experience as a development or test engineer
- Experience in building, operating and modifying electromechanical instrumentation and testing equipment
- Able to interpret 2D and 3D design data
- Strong knowledge of machine parts, sheet metal and plastic fabrication methods that you’ll be able to put into practice
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to convey information accurately
- Knowledge of optical systems, electronics and electrical drawings (Advantageous)