Technology Risk Manager
DC374 – Technology Risk Manager
Location – London EC4
Salary – £Competitive + Excellent Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Technology Risk Manager to join their team in London.
Our client’s global Technology Risk Assurance (TRA) practice provides assurance, advice, and solutions to enable their clients to manage their digital risk and move forward with confidence. They have a portfolio of clients that includes some of the most interesting and prestigious organisations that operate within the financial services (e.g. Fintech, insurance, building societies), corporates (e.g. technology, manufacturing and automotive) and the public sector (e.g. healthcare, social housing, education and local/central government).
The Technology Risk Manager will be advising on strategy and risks associated with areas such as cyber and data privacy, change programmes and transformations, third party and cloud, operational resilience, mergers and acquisitions, controls and compliance, and emerging technology (e.g. artificial intelligence, Blockchain and robotics).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helping your clients develop their digital strategy by leading teams that provide specialist risk assurance and advice.
- Staying current with the latest technology trends, leading risk management practices, and industry sector issues.
- Responsible for leading a TRA client portfolio in conjunction with the Partners to ensure our work adds value and is delivered timely and profitably.
- Responsible for the ongoing management of your client portfolio, including the development of plans and quality assurance of all aspects of the work and reporting.
- Performing risk management processes and developing commercial arrangements.
- Leading and coaching high performing teams, resource management, recruitment, and development for team members. You’ll make quality time and take an interest in your team.
- Shaping the company’s future by leading innovation streams that build future products, services, and solutions.
- Representing the company in external meetings, including attendance at client workshops, audit committees, and regional networking events.
- Leading company efforts on local Corporate Social Responsible (CSR) initiatives.
- Building trusted relationships with senior client stakeholders and identifying opportunities where the company could assist them.
- Developing proposals that demonstrate the company’s capability to meet new and existing client needs.
Experience and Skills:
- Professionally qualified and able to demonstrate expertise in a specialist field.
- Relevant experience within a technology, cyber, audit, and/or risk management role.
- Digitally literate and able to use tools such as Microsoft Office 365.
- In depth understanding of technology trends and industry sector issues.
- Passionate to continue your career in technology, cyber, risk management, and partner with clients.
- Business and commercial minded in your approach.
- Motivated to lead with purpose, innovate, and make a genuine lasting impact.
- Able to offer a strong and compelling view of technology and risk management.
- Self-organised and able to manage your time effectively to prioritise and achieve deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident with excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- An active listener and proactive in taking action.
- Able to work autonomously, pro-actively, and effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Have demonstrable experience in identifying opportunities to partner with clients and successfully deliver these.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary DOE.
- 27 days holiday.
- Life assurance.
- Income protection.
- Option to join the Firm’s Group Personal Pension Plan.
- Individual healthcare cover.
- Other benefits, depending on position/seniority/experience.