Technical trainer (MHE)
LB44 – Technical Trainer/Coach
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting one of our established and expanding businesses in the search for a Technical Trainer/Coach.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of apprentice learning programmes and curriculum development.
- Management of the assessment of knowledge, skills, and behaviours
- Management of the review process to ensure consistency of reviews, tracking of progress and achievement.
- Co-ordination of both on and off-the job training, Functional Skills, and commercial programmes.
- Teaching and learning of years one, two, three and four learners and commercial programmes.
- Development of the activities delivered for the company, including Apprenticeships, up-skilling, and commercial programmes.
- Employer engagement.
- Compliance with the requirements of the Education Inspection Framework (EIF)
- Comply with the constraints and demands of teaching timetables for apprentice off-the job training delivery and commercial programmes.
- Delivery of Schemes of Work in compliance with the requirements of – SFA, Awarding Bodies/companies, Ofsted, and IFA.
- Preparation and development of learning materials for training delivery for all assigned training programmes.
- To manage the tracking of progress and achievement of all assigned learners in conjunction with the Head of Quality and Curriculum and Business analyst.
- Production and management of learner report process, in conjunction with the Events Co-ordinator and Head of Quality and Curriculum.
- To act as tutor to assigned learners providing academic guidance and support when needed.
- To carry out assessment of learner’s work and examinations in accordance with internal and external criteria, ensuring that quality standards are maintained.
- To provide monthly reports to Senior Management as required.
- Advise and counsel learners as necessary regarding training, welfare, and discipline.
- Carry our Health and Safety monitoring of the employer location to ensure adequate facilities, insurance and statutory Health and Safety requirements.
- Liaison with Events Co-ordinator and Head of Quality and Curriculum.
- Liaison with employers.
- Actively promote Equal Opportunities in accordance with our policy to ensure employer and trainee compliance and to ensure that no individual is discriminated against.
- Be familiar with and adhere to all the company policies.
- Actively support company policy and best practice in security, with emphasis on protection of customer sensitive information.
- Promote a safe working environment in accordance with current legislation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer focus: To understand customer views, needs and objectives.
- Demonstrate technical competence at level 4 and above.
- Achieve objectives as agreed at Annual Appraisal.
- Ensure consistency of delivery of on-the-job/off-the-job training.
- Ensure consistency of assessment process.
- Provide information to managers, external bodies and stakeholders as required.
- To contribute and work as part of a team.
- Use learning, best practice, and experience to the benefit of all our activities.
- Update professional and academic knowledge.
- Minimum level of qualifications, skills and experience required for the role.
- Confident and adept when dealing with learners, employers, external trainers/Coaches, and partners.
- A working knowledge of Awarding Body requirements in liaison with the Events Co-ordinator and Head of Quality and Curriculum.
- Creative, responsive, able to work under pressure, to tight timescales and deadlines.
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000