Technical Support Manager
DC386 – Technical Support Manager
Location – Huddersfield
Salary – £Competitive + Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – an established software company looking to bolster their existing products and develop new ones – to recruit a Technical Support Manager to join their team in Huddersfield.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the company support department to continue to deliver exceptional software and support services to our customers, including the following:
- Provide training to customers on company application software and the operating environment (ad hoc where training is purchased).
- Provide telephone support on company’s application.
- Visit customer’s offices as required to provide housekeeping and support services.
- Document systems installed and work carried out on site
- Ensure adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that all technical support calls are completed within response time and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Ensure that routine paperwork and processes are fully and accurately documented.
- Be fully conversant with all company/department procedures including Health and Safety.
- Identify potential sales opportunities of company products to existing customers.
- Maintain the company’s market position as the leading provider of service management software solutions within the security industry, whilst increasing our customer base outside of the security market.
- Continually evaluate the marketplace to ensure that we are maximizing technology to reduce costs.
- Provide control of telephone support ensuring customers receive timely, professional, and efficient service, minimizing the risk of liability to our customers and company.
- Ensure all support related records, documentation and processes are maintained promptly and accurately.
- Assist in the recruitment and training for support staff.
- Liaise with senior management, development, customers to support software requirements for company products.
- Provide statistical management business reports.
- Maintain control of the company’s customer database records.
- Ensure ethics compliance is adhered to by support staff.
- Ensure adherence to all company procedures, and to support the company’s progress towards ISO standards in the supply and support of customer service.
- Take ownership of the customer in all aspects relating to service delivery.
- Actively demonstrate, at all times, the provision of a professional and efficient service to customers, minimizing the risk of liability to our customers and company.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant graduate education and/or professional qualifications.
- Minimum five years’ experience in software support role.
- Previous staff management experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Operating Systems, and Networks, preferably with service management AND accounting software experience.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of business, and to provide clear leadership to the support team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a team player who demonstrates drive and commitment.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary, based on experience.
- Work hours of 09:00 to 17:30, Mon to Fri (with 1 hour lunch).
- Company vehicle or car allowance.
- Incentive scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, additional option to purchase additional leave.
- Company pension scheme.
- Employee Scholar program available.
- Employee reward and recognition initiatives and health and wellbeing resources.
- Awards which recognise outstanding contributions from all employees and encourage excellence.