AR76 – Technical Consultant
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Technical Consultant on behalf of one of our clients.
Delivery of high quality technical solutions to new and existing customers and Act as the technical lead during the build of designed solutions.
Our client strongly encourages applications from ex-military candidates however, all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Early involvement in IT delivery projects for the creation of Low-level Designs (LLDs).
- Technical lead during the execution phase of IT projects.
- Liaising with customers to derive detailed requirements and system configurations.
- Working closely with Project Managers and Technical Architects to ensure the successful delivery of solution, on time and to a consistent quality.
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more technical discipline -for example, Server, Storage, Networking, End User or Cloud.
- Working on customer sites or datacentres during the delivery of IT projects.
- Ensuring IT solutions are accepted into support through provision of knowledge transfer sessions, documentation, and post-implementation support.
- Pioneer the development of repeatable design patterns (blue prints).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Migration from on-premise infrastructure to cloud services.
- Application hosting/ big data platform implementation.
- Large scale desktop rollout / tech refresh (500+).
- MDM implementation.
- Server virtualization and consolidation.
- Datacentre migrations.
- Thin client implementation.
- Infrastructure automation.
- Business process automation.
- Experienced with one or more of the following technology disciplines:
- Cloud laaS / PaaS / Saas.
- Microsoft Office365.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Server and Storage:
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Microsoft Server applications, such as Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server.
- VMware vSphere.
- Veeam Backup and Replication.
- Dell/ EMC/ NetApp Storage Arrays.
- Networking and Security:
- Cisco/ Dell/ HP/ Brocade switches.
- Cisco/ Juniper / Checkpoint/ Palo Alto firewalls.
- FS / Kemp Load Balancers and WAFs.
- WAN circuits – Internet, MPLS, ADSL, FTTC, Leased line, ExpressRoute, Direct Connect.
- VoIP solutions.
- Cisco ISE/ SSM / FTD.
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10 Desktops, Laptops, Tablets.
- IOS or Android devices.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop.
- SC clearance is required.
- MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, VCP or ITIL certifications
- Experience in a Managed Services Provider environment.