Systems Test Engineer (Control Panels)
LB86 – Systems Test (Control Panel) Engineer
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Systems Test Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
As Systems Test Engineer you will report to the Production Manager and will have relationships with all other departments.
This is a flexible role that requires the testing of single and three phase DC battery charger systems up to 500A and 220V, as well as AC UPS systems. The role also requires training of new service engineers in the business, design of test equipment and the writing and update of standard operating procedures and test instructions.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Systems Test Engineer:
- The role entails electrical test work at final point of release on bespoke and standard products.
- To undertake control panel test (battery charger & distribution boards) work ensuring at all times that work is conducted in a safe manner and to the required quality and efficiency levels.
- To test bought in equipment (UPS) to agreed standards.
- Commitment to the upkeep and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System (ISO 9001 certification).
- To provide training for Service engineers.
- To work with other technical departments in defining and developing test equipment for new products.
- Electrical Test work at final point of release on battery charger systems & bespoke products and the creation of detailed reports.
- Measuring and recording / displaying all local KPI data relative to the battery charger systems.
- To complete factory acceptance tests (FAT’s) working closely with the customer and engineering.
- To capacity test batteries.
- To maintain test equipment to required standards and calibrate as necessary.
- To provide fault finding down to component level on both through hole and surface mount PCBs.
- To assist in the development and writing of agreed standards, Standard Operating Procedures and Test Instructions.
- Participate in troubleshooting and reporting of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- To ensure quality standards and records are maintained.
- To provide feedback to Design and Engineering and to participate in design review meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of high frequency power supply technology.
- Full understanding of single and three phase circuits.
- Knowledge of IEC wiring regulations.
- 18th edition is desirable.
- A High capability in Electrical & Mechanical fault finding essential., with High level of PC literacy – in particular MS Excel.
- Electronic fault finding to component level desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic wiring diagrams and associated technical drawings.
- Ability to plan own workload/ Self Directed to meet company OTD targets.
- Work well in a team environment across multiple disciplines.
- Analytical problem solving.
- Ability to coach and mentor.