Systems Technician [Waste Water]
MM545 – Systems Technician [Waste Water]
Location – Cheam / Woodmansterne
Salary £35000 – £40000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Systems Technician to join their team in Cheam / Woodmansterne. This is a brilliant opportunity to take on an engaging role where you’ll have autonomy and the flexibility to manage your own workload.
As a Systems Technician, you’ll maintain our instrumentation, control and SCADA systems in line with ISO 9001:2008 quality system procedures.
- Reporting to the Systems Manager (Production) and Treatment Works Manager, you will:
- Carry out routine maintenance and investigate, diagnose and rectify faults in ICA systems
- Ensure that operations staff are kept informed of work being carried out
- Help to supervise contracted labourers and trainees
- Maintain accurate records
We’re seeking a Systems Technician with:
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- A reliable and flexible approach
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in the water or a related process industry, working with SCADA, control and instrumentation systems
- A full driving licence
- Paid overtime
- Car allowance
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva’s Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
- As part of the Systems Team, the candidate will be expected to provide out-of-hours support on a rostered basis as well as standby duty (1 every 6 weeks)
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium – our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
Innovation is at the heart of what we do, and you will have the chance to work with a host of diverse technologies in a great team culture that encourages collaboration.
We have an outstanding learning and development programme, so you will be supported to build on your existing expertise and realise your full potential.
We value our staff and like to promote from within. This role has the potential to progress to engineer/management level, or into other positions within our Operations or Engineering Departments.