Systems Infrastructure Engineer
MM495 – Systems Infrastructure Engineer
Location – North Wales or Remote working
Salary – Circa £30000
First Military Recruitment is working in Partnership with our client who is an International Supply Chain Software Solutions company to recruit a Systems Infrastructure Engineer to join their team in North Wales.
Main Requirements & Responsibilities
- Interfacing with multiple internal stakeholders including Development, Projects, Test and Support teams.
- Interfacing with end users and all other external stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs including ideal deployment and scalability requirements for new product capabilities.
- Building and maintaining scalable, reliable and repeatable infrastructure.
- Ensuring business continuity and systems availability.
- Ensuring security and adherence to ISO 27001 security standards.
- Flexibility to on occasion deal with out of hours issues.
- Work alongside the Infrastructure Manager to deliver the Technical Plan.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server and Linux (or at least one at advanced level).
- Competent in installing, configuring and maintaining servers (Windows/Linux).
- Competent in installing and managing web server technology (Apache/IIS).
- Knowledge of the deployment of application server technologies (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss).
- Advanced knowledge of communications device management and policies (firewalls, switches etc).
- Strong knowledge of network design and implementation principles.
- Ability to design and implement resilience mechanisms.
- Ability to design and manage backup solutions.
- Knowledge of installation of DBMS solutions such as Oracle or SQLServer.
- Knowledge of implementation of EDI, XML and Web Services.
- Experience with virtualisation tools (e.g. VMWare/Hyper-V etc).
- Strong knowledge with the configuration of Cloud platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS / Azure).
- Knowledge of EDI principles and the configuration of SFTP, HTTPS and digital certificates.
- Implementation of UPS based recovery solutions.
- Knowledge of infrastructure monitoring.
- With regards to technical skills, we do not necessarily expect candidates to have experience of every item listed. We will judge candidates primarily on their depth of knowledge and experience of the items they do claim to have experience of.
- Candidate needs to be a Proactive, self-motivated and have the ability to work well both in a group and on individual tasks, with a hands-on approach and mindset for improvement and optimisation.
- Prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Maintain and respect confidentiality in accordance with confidentiality policy, non-disclosure agreements and Data Protection Act.
- Carry out all other duties that contribute to the effective, efficient and quality performance of the company.
- Provide assistance, advice and support to other team members as necessary.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping in all areas.
- Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure compliance of Company Policy as stated.
- Any other duties as required.
- To adopt a flexible approach to working hours within reason and where required.
- To co-operate with the company on personnel progression.
- Comply with the relevant requirements of ISO 9001 2015 and ISO 27001 2013 standards.
In return our client offers
- Working from home
- Long Term Stability
- Development Opportunities