Systems Assurance Manager
JA1093 – Systems Assurance Manager
Location – Stratford, E15
Salary – £55K – £60K DOE
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Assurance Manager to join our client at their Head Office in Stratford. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for ensuring that the service we provide meets both external and internal requirements including maintaining our registrations to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, RISQS and UVDB. This includes legal compliance and customer expectations.
The Systems Assurance Manager will monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance, measuring against set standards. With responsibility for ensuring the quality management system is developed, reviewed and functions properly.
- To maintain the documented management system and maintain company policies in accordance with business needs, ISO certification requirements, Network Rail and other customer requirements.
- Maintain and communicate amendments to the policies and documented management systems in accordance with ISO certification requirements
- Monitor and provide feedback regarding the effectiveness of the business operations, policies, processes, and controls
- Develop an internal risk-based audit programme to incorporate challenging external audit requirements
- To perform internal management system audits across all areas of the business to monitor ongoing compliance and encourage continuous improvement
- Produce audit reports and agree and monitor corrective and preventative actions necessary from audit outcomes to ensure ongoing compliance.
- To oversee and provide input to the organisations management review process
- To support the business in identifying and introducing improvements in operations and aim towards improved customer satisfaction levels
- Lead on external audits from customers and third-party certification bodies.
- Maintain personal development to ensure the business is up to date in advancements in internal and external audit practices
- Understand the HSE controls that may influence the management systems.
Skills & Experience:
- Ideally Chartered Membership of CQI
- Proven track record in the developing, maintaining and embedding of management systems
- Experience of working as a lead auditor, ideally IRCA Registered, or at minimum holding a recognised Lead Assessor qualification for management systems.
- Significant experience of auditing quality management systems
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to focus all members of the company on the importance of their role and the team structure.
- Good written English with the ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Strong document management skills
- Detail conscious, resilient with a tenacious approach
- Enthusiastic and committed with a flexible and adaptable approach
- Full British (EU) driving license.
- Personal Track Safety (PTS) qualified would be desirable
- Ideally knowledge and understanding of construction/plant hire industry with railway experience
- Managing Director
- Deputy during absence:
- Engineering Assurance Manager
- Senior Management Team, including Directors.
- Business Managers
- Regulatory Bodies
- Network Rail Technical Authority