Surveillance Field Systems Engineer
BM07- Surveillance Field Systems Engineer
Location: North London
First Military Recruitment are currently searching for a Surveillance Field Systems Engineer on behalf of our client. You will be Commissioning, Harbour Acceptance and Sea Acceptance test for Shored Based Systems, Naval and Security Systems. Service interventions, Pre-installation ship surveys, and site surveys. Trials and testing activities, technical liaison with Sales team/customers. Completing Service reports.
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct setting to work, Commissioning, Harbour Acceptance, and Sea Acceptance test for Naval and Security Systems.
- Carry out service interventions as directed by the Surveillance Support team.
- Carry out pre-installation ship surveys, site surveys and produce detailed reports.
- Participate in Naval and Security Trials and Testing activities to characterise and prove system capabilities.
- Complete short training courses as part of a setting to work/commissioning exercise as required.
- When required participate in technical meetings and provide a technical liaison with the Sales team/customers.
- Whilst on board vessels be vigilant in observing any additional necessary work on company supplied equipment.
- Communicate effectively with line management any information relating to technical issues.
- Familiarise and observe all Health and Safety rules and regulations during working hours.
- Act in a professional manner in the presence of customers and maintain the confidentiality of any sensitive product information. Ensuring that conduct and presentation are maintained to the required standard at all times.
- Completing Service reports and other documentation to the standard required by Line Management in a timely manner.
- Carry out any special projects or tasks as agreed with line management.
- On occasions, be prepared to work in excess of the normal 37 hour week or anti-social hours whilst observing contractual obligations.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required and is considered a regular feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Any other tasks associated with this role.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of OND qualified preferably HND in an Electronics field
- Experience in an Electronics servicing environment, preferably Marine orientated
- Proven track record in demonstrating knowledge of electronics in a ‘hands-on’ discipline
- Excellent communication skills both technically and socially with the ability to interact at all levels within the organisation.
- Sound knowledge of computers including hardware and software with the ability to use various software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be physically fit
- Able to work at heights up to 40 metres
- Comfortable working in confined spaces
- Full clean driving license
- Valid passport
Location: North London