JA724 – Support Worker
Location – Sudbury/Great Conard
Salary – £8.87/hour
We’re currently recruiting for Support Workers to work with our client’s in Sudbury/Great Cornard supporting adults with complex needs, behaviours that challenge, autism and learning disabilities in their home and activities within their community. There are good transport links for local people to the service and some parking available. However due to the nature of this role and the location it is better for the successful candidate to hold a full UK driving licence and access to their own vehicle unless very local to the service.
This is a brand-new service so we have an exciting time ahead of us and anybody joining our client will have a great impact for the people we are supporting.
As a Support Worker you will.
- Ensure the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential.
- Accompany the people we support to activities, appointments, education etc.
- Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
- Help with personal care such as supporting with showering, toileting, and dressing.
- Full training will be provided, and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one.
- Various contracts available – Full time, part time or bank hours
- Shift work – days, evenings, nights, weekends, and Bank Holidays (24/7)
- Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
- No experience needed but would be beneficial
- Have the ability to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed.
- Have energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible.
- Have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles.
- Have an understanding of and empathy for the people you are supporting.
- Show commitment to personal and professional development.
We offer our Support Workers (T&C’s apply):
- Our pay is £8.87 per hour
- Paid enhanced DBS
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
- Regular one to one supervision
- Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350
- Increasing annual leave with length of service
- Flexible working
- Occupational sick pay.
- Maternity/paternity pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme