JA756 – Support Worker (1956)
Location – Chobham, Surrey
Salary – £18,373 per annum + benefits
We are currently recruiting in conjunction with our client for Support Workers to work with them in Chobham supporting adults who have learning disabilities, autism, non-verbal communication, and behaviours that challenge in a registered care home.
Due to the location of the service, it is essential for applicants to hold a full valid driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
- Ensure the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential.
- Accompany the people we support to activities, appointments, education etc.
- Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
- Help with personal care such as supporting with showering, toileting, and dressing.
- Full training will be provided, and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one.
- Working hours
- Shift work – days, evenings, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays (24/7) (7/8am-2pm, 2pm-7/9pm, 8:45pm-7:15am and sleep ins 10pm-7am, subject to change).
- Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
Skills and Experience
- No experience needed but would be beneficial.
- Have the ability to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed.
- Have energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible.
- Have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles.
- Have an understanding of and empathy for the people you are supporting.
- Show commitment to personal and professional development.
Benefits (T&Cs apply)
- 18,373 per annum + benefits.
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas.
- Regular one to one supervision.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350.
- Increasing annual leave with length of service.
- Flexible working.
- Occupational sick pay.
- Maternity/paternity pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme.