JA755 Support Worker
Location – Highley
Salary – £9.06 per hour
We are currently recruiting in conjunction with our client for a Support Workers to work with them at a brand-new service in Highley, supporting a young male adult, who is moving into his first home, and who has learning disabilities, autism, and some challenges in behaviour. The successful candidate will be supporting him in his day-to-day life at home, you will support him as well within the community and engaging him in meaningful activities.
Highley is a village in the East of Shropshire with very limited transports links, therefore if applicants do not live in Highley or Bridgnorth, successful applicants will need to hold a full valid driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
- Ensure the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential.
- Accompany the people we support to activities, appointments, education etc.
- Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
- Help with personal care such as supporting with showering, toileting, and dressing.
- Full training will be provided, and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one.
Full time (35 hours per week)
Shift work – days 8am – 10pm, with sleep ins, Waking Nights 10pm – 8am, weekends and Bank Holidays – (24/7, subject to change).
Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
Skills and Experience
- No experience needed but would be beneficial.
- Have the ability to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed.
- Have energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible.
- Have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles.
- Have an understanding of and empathy for the people you are supporting.
- Show commitment to personal and professional development.
Benefits (T&Cs apply).
- Our pay is £9.06 per hour.
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
- Regular one to one supervision
- Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350.
- Increasing annual leave with length of service.
- Flexible working.
- Occupational sick pay.
- Maternity/paternity pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme.