Submarine Safety Systems Engineer
EJ551 – Submarine Safety Systems Engineer
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Submarine Safety Systems Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
A Submarine Safety Systems Engineer is required to join our client’s team at the Submarine Support Maintenance Group (SSMG) in Keynsham. You will work as part of the Safety Services Group (SSG); this is an integrated, Joint team of Design, Combat and Safety Engineers who support the Royal Navy’s In-Service Submarines (ISM) community with the maintenance of submarine safety and availability.
The role requires you to work within a multi-disciplined team and have the potential to develop your professional skills, including Project Management and Safety & Environmental Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Department in the management of SSG programme output delivery, including task/project identification and definition; delivery; cost control; resource management; and stakeholder liaison.
- Provide Safety management advice and expertise to support the ISM community.
- Attend Hazard Identification (HAZID) / Hazard Operability (HAZOP) meetings.
- Assess and provide technical advice on submarine material state, and safety and environmental issues.
- Produce technical documents in support of the Submarine Safety Case.
- Review contracted outputs to ensure the requisite quality markers are achieved.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Academically qualified to HNC level or above in a relevant engineering discipline and with significant relevant experience.
- Professionally qualified to Incorporated Engineer level with an appropriate institution or working towards this.
- Experience with submarine systems.
- Experience in the application of Safety and Risk management techniques.
- An appropriate background in submarine design, support, or operations