DC368 – Structural Engineer
Location – Plymouth
Salary – £Competitive DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Structural Engineer to join their team in Plymouth.
The Structural Engineer will be responsible for the preparation, issue, and management of technical project information, including calculations and drawing information, in accordance with the standard requirements of the Company. They will also have limited responsibility for technical, financial, and managerial aspects of complete projects, as directed by their line manager, and will maintain high standards of information presentation and to ensure their accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site investigations.
- Developing detailed designs.
- Assessing the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertaking risk management in
- specialist roles.
- Managing, supervising, and visiting contractors on site and advising on engineering issues.
- Overseeing the work of junior colleagues where necessary.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors,
- contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers, and clients.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Managing budgets and other project resources.
- Managing change, as the client may change their mind about the design, and ensuring
- relevant parties are notified of changes in the project.
- Leading teams of other engineers, perhaps from other organisations or firms.
- Compiling and checking reports.
- Reviewing and checking project drawings.
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing projects.
- Undertaking complex and repetitive calculations.
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and delivery.
- Ensuring that a project runs smoothly and that the structure is completed on time and within budget. Correcting any project deficiencies that affect production, quality and safety requirements before final evaluation and project reviews.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in similar role (essential).
- Knowledge and experience in Development Infrastructure (essential).
- Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject, such as Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Membership of a relevant professional body or working towards it (highly desirable).
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary DOE.
- Other benefits.