SLTE Production Support Engineer
JS264 SLTE Production Support Engineer
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an SLTE Production Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
Applications from ex-military personnel are actively encouraged however, all candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This person links in with the R&D team and the Industrialisation team that takes the prototypes and turns this into the final product.
- Candidate will communicate with the team to say how product is working, what the failures are, what re-design is required.
- Assess production failures, including work on customer returns.
- In this role you will test and fault find to component level in addition to working with Test Team on a wide variety of products, general assembly and system levels.
- Read schematics and circuit diagrams, troubleshooting at component Level.
- Knowledge of optics isn’t necessary as training will be given however an aptitude/attitude to learning needs to be demonstrated.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree in Optics and or Electronics and Communications.
- Extensive Optical/electronic knowledges (Communications network/protocols, Spectral analysis…).
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Extensive Product Testing.
- Fault finding.
- Wires, RCA, circuit boards, Lean tool kit.
- Report writing.
- Experience of testing complex PCB’s, optical modules, and microprocessor-based equipment.
- Use of both bench test equipment and automated test equipment (Oscilloscopes, multimeter, Couplers, wavelength meter …).
- To be able to communicate accurately on technical issues with internal Customers (Internal or external) both written and verbal.