JA832 – Skilled Operative / Labourer
Location – Barnard Castle
Salary – £19,000-£22,000 DOE
Closing Date – Tue, 31 Aug 2021
We are currently recruiting for a Skilled Operative/Labourer due to continued growth our client’s company based in Barnard Castle. This is a busy and varied role, and you will be required to ensure the highest standard of workmanship is delivered to each customer. The successful applicant will be required to provide support and assistance on a wide variety of projects. Ideally you will have a specific skill such as fencing or surfacing but will also be competent in all other areas of ground works.
- To undertake a wide range of projects including General grounds maintenance, Countryside management, fencing, surfacing, paving and hard and soft landscaping.
- Delegate and oversee the above tasks to the team in the absence of any managers, as appropriate.
- To operate a wide range of machinery.
- Keeping the work area clean a tidy and adhering to health and safety procedures.
- Assisting the Team Leader / Manager to ensure all projects are managed and completed on time.
Skills & Experience
- Full, clean, U.K driving licence.
- Previous experience in surfacing, fencing, hard / soft landscaping
- Background in general outdoor work.
- Digger / Dumper experience.
- Towing experience and licence
- Full-time position
- 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
- Full workwear and PPE provided,
- Use of company vehicles during the working day.
- Annually increasing holiday entitlement,
- Long Service Awards as well as many other company benefits,
- We will offer continued training and development and career progression opportunities.
The Barnard Castle office is a new and rapidly expanding part of our client’s business. The right candidate will grow with the business and be keen to get involved, make a difference and be part of something exciting!