MM654 – Landfill Site Operative
Location – Coventry
Salary – Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Landfill Site Operative to join their team in Bubbenhall.
Applicants with a military background are encouraged to apply, however all candidates with relevant skills will be considered.
Main purpose and scope of job
The Maintenance Team provides support to both operational and closed landfill sites. This will include (but is not limited to): grounds maintenance, road sweeping, repairs to infrastructure, along with assisting engineering, leachate and restoration works. The team will offer emergency or planned cover for mobile plant operatives, general labour, Supervisors and COTC attendance on site as required.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Running of the site weighbridge when required.
- Grounds Maintenance works – strimming, mowing, hedge cutting etc.
- Providing cover for staff at other sites as required, vehicle will be provided for travel to other sites.
- Installation of, and minor repairs to site infrastructure.
- Reporting any issues encountered on site.
- Reporting any accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Preventative maintenance works.
- Adherence to all relevant H&S procedures.
- Assisting internal leachate team as and when required.
- Supervision of external contractors on site (training will be provided).
- Inspection and checks on landfill sites.
- Assist Site Business Manager & Operations Manager with any other reasonable tasks as required.
- Willing to learn mobile plant operations.
- Experience of working on landfill sites although training can be provided.
- Experience of grounds maintenance works although training can be provided.
- Basic knowledge of leachate and gas systems, awareness of DSEAR.
- Use to working outdoors in all conditions.
- Use to physical work involving manual handling, this is a very ‘hands on’ role.
- Mobile plant experience and tickets, such as tracked excavator, bulldozer, tractor and/or dumper would be a distinct advantage, though training can be given for the right candidate.
- Valid driving licence – essential for travel between sites (vehicle provided for this)
- Hours of Work: 40 hrs per week
- Work Pattern: Monday to Friday 7.30 am to 4.30 pm
- Rotational Saturday mornings 7.30 am to 11 am paid at Time and half
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- 20 days annual leave
- plus benefits